Taking the weight of your shoulders
James McNulty & Co Solicitors have assisted families who have lost loved ones for the last 85 years. We take care of the legal formalities at this difficult time including contacting HM Revenue & Customs, the DHSS and Pensions Branch, banks, building societies, insurance companies and government departments on the relatives’ behalf. We deal with reading the Will, explaining the wishes of the deceased, inheritance tax issues, payments of funeral expenses, burial disputes, inheritance disputes, legacy payments and transfer and distribution of assets following death.
In short, we take care of all the legal and administrative work following the death of a loved one, including probate a will and probate real estate or avoiding probate, so the family and friends of the deceased can mourn their loved one as well as celebrate their life, free from worry and stress.
You can rely on our probate solicitors, Deirdre McSorley, Shauna Allison and Eileen Hackett to take care of the following:
- preparation and submitting of the Inheritance Tax Return
- obtaining professional valuations of all the assets owned by the deceased
- preparing the application for a Grant of Probate
- arranging payments of any debts, liabilities and legacies of the deceased
- administering any trusts set up under the deceased’s will
- obtaining tax clearance from HMRC
- preparing a distribution account of all monies held in the estate